Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hi Knitting and Blogging world,

Time has flown by and creeping up to our exhibition.



Life has been hectic, in the time since my last post I have been to Singapore travelling with an Australian contemporary ceramic exhibition developed by Asialink. It was shown at the Arthouse Gallery in Singapore. The exhibition The Secret Life of Blue and White was a wonderful exhibition exploring a contemporary take on this extraordinary phenomena of mass produced ceramic ware. The crew at the Arthouse and Charmaine from the Australian High Comission were fantastic to work with and Singapore has a fantaastic art scene, lots and lots happening.

Since my return I have been busy house painting for the past 3 weekends and I'm so so glad its all done now. And of course Alby, my labrador pooch needs some attention or else she might end up looking like Chipper. (note the comfy spot she has taken over for herself on the couch!)






I am getting very excited about the exhibition and have been emailing various knitting bloggers. If any of you visit this site, we are very serious and want to show your work here in Canberra and provide our audiences with terminals so they can comment on your sites directly.

I think Bronwen and I love doing the research more than anything else. There is so much to read and take in. For such a novice as I, I am completely taken with the wonderful world of socks, something we need here as we hit our very first cold night for the year. Thankfully this change in weather has come with rain as our drought situation is getting more and more serious.

But I digress. To all you wonderful knitting bloggers, I hope you are keen to be a part of our exhibition - a chance to have the physical results of your wonderful craft in our gallery,but to talk to you via your blogs - it all adds to the weird and wonderful world of the internet and blogging.

Will post another blog soon - after our new exhibitions open at Craft ACT - contemporary jeweller in the Cicely and Colin Rigg Design Award, and Decades and Diversity an exhibition celebrating the weaving of one of Canberra's and Australia's important weavers - Solvig Baas Becking, and after the Friday night opening of the new Canberra Glasswoks, the new glass facility a big party about to happen and after our Saturday planning day session as we begin our new 3 yr business plan for funding. Yep sometime after that I will post again.


barb - the hopeless knitter

1 comment:

Bex said...

Hi there you left a message on my LJ slaknitter - i'm based in Sydney sorry!

Bex