Friday, July 06, 2007

Another busy day at the office. At last I have tagged all the entries in the exhibition:







And in the last couple of days I have been contacted by some more people who are sending in work, one local, and one international. Thanks so much. We will also have a guest crocheter who blogs, in the show as well. Not strictly knitting, she does knit but prefers to crochet, I know that might be hard to believe for some people! I like the idea of guest crochet work as the two are so often the companion of each other, and I am sure that many of us grew up with that classic crocheted rug, at one time it seemed ubiquitous in our homes.


A fascinating element to this project has been the very nature of what blogging is. Almost everyday now I think about a different aspect to this world. I was in touch with one person today mentioning how impossible it is to find everyone who blogs - although this is part of the joy, the actual discovery, I was saying that I almost needed a phone book of bloggers to find people who might be right next door. Very easy to find Yarn Harlot, since such a huge number of blogs lead there, (now including this one) but how do you find those close to you. Well hopefully , eventually. And this happened today.
I have not exhausted by any means the quest for knitting bloggers, indeed I often feel I am right at the tip of the iceberg, and I can feel myself sliiding down the sides. Diana (our great Curator of Public Programs) tells me I am becoming addicted, and has taken to asking me how late I stayed up the night before blogging. Apart from the fact that it takes me too long to do it at work so I do it at home, I'm not sure that I am becoming addicted, but lets say the fascination six months down the track has not waned and just increases. Time though is a very big factor and I often wonder if all you great knitters are sometimes knitting as you are scrolling through. Of course if reading a pattern no doubt you might be, but in general do you do this? Is there set knitting times,/nights and set blogging times,/nights? this structure is definitely lacking as my knitting has not grown a mm for such a long time, but the lines on this blog have grown exponentially.





Just to tempt you all, these are the knitting wraps made by Missy Fee. These great handmade wraps created from beautiful old materials will be on sale during the exhibition. first in first served!
Well its the weekend and next week is the opening. Stay tune for more!

7 comments:

J. said...

yes a phone book would be a brillant idea. Looks like everything is comeing togehter. Great to hear.

Denise said...

it's looking great, Barb!

Hmm, when it comes to patterns, I generally print them out, or save PDFs to disc. Sometimes I knit while I read, but mostly not, as I've got to type as well as read. And blogging time is when I can get the time, either when I need a break during my work day, or after dinner - would generally rather Blog than watch TV!

Taphophile said...

Knit while reading blogs? Naturally. If I tried to find time to actually sit down and knit, or blog, neither would get done. Knitting is the ultimate craft for multi-taskers: knit and read; knit and talk; knit and watch tv; knit and blog; knit and walk.

Saffron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saffron said...

I cannot knit and read. Mostly while watching a movie or tv show (that I have seen so I don't get pulled away from the knitting - that happened last week when I was watching Dreamgirls). More often than not, I get so absorbed in my knitting that I don't want to stop and take pictures or blog.

Thanks for all the updates, Barbara!!!! :)

Michelle said...

I crochet while watching crime shows. Sometimes I think this is the only way to watch some crime shows, as you get to miss the gory stuff while tackling with pattern translation

The exhibition is looking so good Barbara. I am very excited to be a guest crocheter!

DrK said...

no i cant knit and read either. i can knit and watch tv tho! and i cant knit and read blogs. i must be too one-brain sided. but i do have my morning coffee in front of the computer catching up on all the fantastic happenings in the knit-blogosphere, esp now that i have moved away from canberra. long live the blogosphere!