Monday, July 23, 2007

Events at Knit1 Blog1

Hi All,

We had a fabulous weekend here at Craft ACT for knitters both novices and the more advanced.

It started on Friday with our first Knit In from 12 - 1:30pm. Thanks to the group who turned up, small but into that knitting as you can see, and it included our special guest quiltingmick with her extraordinary crocheting skills!



On Saturday Jacqueline Kempton hosted her workshop Lost in Translation. Jacqueline came with her own personal library resource of wonderful knitting books, it was quite a stack and would no doubt have provided heaps of information for all the attendees. We had a full house at this workshop and Jacqueline wrote that she had a great time.

Sunday was host to three events, the Short Circuit Scarf workshop by Denise Sutherland, the Toes and Heels of Socks by Penny Hadobas and some spinning demonstrations from members of the ACT Spinners and Weavers association.


Both workshops were really well attended. There were a number of Craft ACT participants including myself, Diana, and board members Alison and Sharon. For complete novices such as Diana and me, the concept of knitting shorter and shorter rows without dropping a single stitch was a quantum leap from our very patchy straight row knitting. Its amazing when you are learning new things, the tension that builds up inside as you desperately try not to make a mistake and lose the whole thing. At one point I took my eyes of my knitting and the knitting completely fell off my needle to my complete horror and tongue curling concentration. A big thank you to Denise for her excellent teaching skills, Diana and I kept going after the workshop and by last night, I had completed almost 2 rings of knitting - I couldn't believe it.






Diana and I went all out in purchasing wool and shopped at Craft ACT buying some Happyspider6 Wool for the workshop.
Unfortunately we did not have the fancy ball spinner - sorry Bells, I can't remember what its called any more, and so both of us persevered by hand thanks to the patient support from Bells and Sharon.

Penny appeared for her class and she brought her own wool for the socks which she then turned from skeins to balls in an instant on this fabulous contraption. Everyone looked like they had a great time so thanks for coming. We even had a few people blogging by the end of it.






No comments: